The Issue of Child Sexual Abuse…
We Can End Child Sexual Abuse
The ultimate mission of D2L, to end childhood sexual abuse, can only be accomplished by sharing the solution of prevention, awareness and education with more and more people. This, in turn, builds momentum and over time, changes the way our nation and culture cares for, protects and nurtures our children. Being an active participant in the mission to end childhood sexual abuse is one of the most rewarding things we will ever do – and we cannot do it without you. We believe that learning the facts about childhood sexual abuse helps prevent it. Talking about it helps prevent it. Getting involved helps prevent it. The truth is, if childhood sexual abuse can be prevented, it can be stopped. That’s why D2L exists – to empower adults through awareness and to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to childhood sexual abuse.
Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Training
Stewards of Children is the only nationally available program scientifically proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors. This revolutionary program is for any responsible adult who cares about the welfare of children. It is also appropriate for youth-serving organizations (sports leagues, day care centers, after school programs, children’s clubs, church groups and more).
Who Uses the Program?
Stewards of Children is for any responsible adult who cares about the protection of children. It is also used by individuals, organizations, businesses, and corporations who:
- Seek training for staff and volunteers in the prevention of child sexual abuse.
- Look to enhance their child protection policies and procedures or respond to insurance requirements.
- Want to lead a community-based initiative and offer prevention training to the community.
What Topics are Covered in Stewards of Children?
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse.
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur.
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse.
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults.
- The signs of sexual abuse so you that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly.
What Outcomes Can Be Expected After Training?
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills for adults to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Proactive, positive change to organizational policies and procedures
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan
How is the program delivered?
Stewards of Children is available in two formats: ONLINE and Facilitator Led. The content of the programs is identical and both include three main sections including video commentary by adult survivors and experts in the field.
How Long Does the Program Take to Complete?
Stewards of Children typically takes about 2.5 – 3 hours. Think about it — in just 2.5 hours, you’ll have the information you need to better protect every child you know. The ONLINE version of the training does not have to be completed in one sitting — you can pause anywhere in the program and pick it up later without losing your place.